Recently my 2.5yo toddler keeps scratching his tummy till it bled. Not anywhere else, just the tummy. It's been 2weeks+ and tried nappy rash cream, ruyi oil and moisturizer, moisturizing bath foam. We think it's the school floors since he likes to lie belly down. But I'm al so worried it may be other reasons. Any mums had experience on this? Any home remedies I can try, esp to stop the scratching? I do not want to go to pd and end up with steroid creams...

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I agree with Michelle to check with the teachers if your child lie belly down a lot in school. Probably you can get the teachers to pay more attention not to let your child so that? I suspect he might be allergic to the cleaning solvent used to clean the floor? I've read an article, it says it might be food allergy?Some common foods, which cause allergic reactions such as stomach rashes, include wheat, shellfish and peanuts? You might want to try this bath treatment which works wonder for my kid who often have rashes. After which you can use moisturizer or calamine lotion to ease the itch. Hope he will be well soon.

Read more
Post reply image

Have you spoke with his school teachers? Does he lie belly down in school alot? If so u might wanna let him wear a little singlet to prevent his tummy frm touching the floor directly. For natural remedies, I love using Emu oil for skin conditions. I even use it for my girl's eczema and it works beautifully. Its all natural and prettu much can be used for all skin conditions, even mouth ulcers. I highly recommend it. You can buy it from www.emuse.com.

Read more
Post reply image