Itch on my thighs

I’m 28 weeks now and I had this itchy red patches on my thighs since 2nd tri.. I went to see dermatologist and she prescribed me 0.1% steroid cream and moisturiser. I’ve applied for 2 weeks but it didn’t help much and got worse.. Luckily my tummy doesn’t have any rashes. It’s just my legs. I’ve tried calamine lotion, it helps to suppress the itch but i’ll still feel itchy a few hours later. I can’t stop scratching! :’( anyone know what is this?

Itch on my thighs
3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Suu balm is my friend since right before I found out I was pregnant. that's because I have hives and allergic reaction when I just conceived due to hormonal changes. After a while like almost 1.5 months, my hormonal is a bit more stable and the hives went away. Now in my 3rd trimester I still do not get any reaction or hives. I still use Suu Balm as lotion for my belly because it's expanding and it's relatively itchy at times. Hope this helps.

Read more

You can come back to your gynae/doctor for alternative of prescribe medication. During pregnancy because of hormonal changes body tends to get dry, itchy, red spots. I have been prescribe with steroid and moisturiser. But never have I been using steroid. I solely depend on moisturiser 3 times a day. That's QV cream which helps a lot.

Read more

I had something similar and gynae said it’s probably due to hormones. I used suubalm as well. However, my gynae did give me the cream with little steroids in it just in case.