Am I overreacting or..?

Quick story - husband and I not in and we have family member take care of 6MO LO for a few days. Family member knows LO drink n sleep pattern etc and came over to our place help take care LO overnight. Initial arrangement is MIL will come over to our place to help take care of LO during day so the fam member can go rest. Even if wanna take care overnight - also must be at our place. However last min MIL told family member that she wanna bring LO to her home n take care. So bottle warmer/expressed breast milk etc she bring it over to their home and will return LO the next day. MIL didn’t inform us at all until we heard it from the family member. Felt so upset by it.. and my husband confronted my MIL through phone. MIL got hurt and mentioned that she specially took leave to take care of LO.. I’m upset becos they didn’t inform us..n hence husband called to confront her.. am I overreacting .. after a while we agreed that it’s okay for LO to stay overnight just that next time inform us. All is good. But evening, was informed that she transported everything and bring LO back to my place and will stay overnight at our place instead (maybe she felt guilty?) This way I was even more upset…. Transporting my frozen breast milk here n there and all the stuffs. Ughh.. am I overreacting sigh.. I do appreciate her good intention to take care of LO..

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Forgive her and let it go this time... I think she didn't think so much until it happened and realised her mistake already.