W11D4 - Can I drink tap water without boil? I heard is alkaline water.

Pregnant W11D4 - Can I drink tap water without boil? I heard is alkaline water.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Janice! I have asked my gynae before about alkaline water and he told me that just drinking normal water is fine, not necessarily need to drink alkaline water. Before that, I have tried to drink 1 big bottle of alkaline water to replace my normal drinking water (boiled water from tap) and I don't really feel any difference though. For tap water, I personally prefer it to be boiled 1st. Btw, I am w11d2 today, only few days diff with you. Hope both of us have a smooth pregnancy journey! Take care!

Read more
VIP Member

When I was pregnant, the tap water tasted and smelt like chlorine. My taste buds and smell sense were very strong. I was only drinking bottled mineral water throughout my pregnancy

It should be fine….? I personally don’t have the habit of drinking directly from the tap tho… Don’t stress yourself too much.. 😵‍💫 If you’re unsure, just boil it.

just curious, why must drink alkaline water? gynae never really specifies about drinking alkaline water but most importantly is to keep ourselves hydrated throughout the pregnancy.

I use a water filter with alkaline water and gynae said it's fine to drink alkaline water.

VIP Member

I think it's better to drink boiled water just to be safe