Speaks English.

Possible to train my turning 4 months baby to speak English by speaking to him in English all the time or by sending him to school early?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Best to speak to baby in both English and your mother tongue (if u have). Studies shown better verbal progression for babies in multilingual homes. And don't worry abt your baby being confused with languages. As a child development psychologist, I always tell my clients tt babies are at the prime age of picking up languages so, speak to him often even when u're just changing his diaper. It doesn't matter if u send him to sch early or not, as long as u communicate with him often (NOT baby talk) tt's enough.

Read more

from the moment my baby was born, we talk to her English and Malay. We always describe to her what we are doing to her such as bathing, changing diaper, burping etc. Now she's turning 3 months, I started talking to her in Filipino so that she will be able to understand my parents and relatives back home.

Read more

just sharing, we use more than 3 languages with LO (turning 20months today) English Mandarin Cantonese Malay Hokkien and let him watch baby Japanese show at YouTube he can't speak yet but he can understand well when we talk to him

Super Mum

Babies pick up languages very easily:) just by speaking to him every day, he’ll first start understanding what you’re saying, and then later start imitating. You can even speak more than 1 language at home

Exposure will be important but don’t think school is necessary yet

just keep talking to him