Thinking of sending back our Filipino Helper but contract not finish yet

Hi parents! Just wondering if anyone here knows whether can send a helper back home without finishing her contract? we hired her under agency but since I have stopped working for the meantime and baby big enough to send to preschool, we wouldn’t need her around anymore. And have thought can save the money spend for a maid’s salary instead. Does anyone here had the same experience? Do i need to pay the agency some penalty fees whatever for not finishing the contract? I don’t want to ask the agent that helped us hire her coz I dont want her to contact and ask our helper if anything’s wrong. I will contact them once we’ve decided that we will end her contract, but for now just want to have some ideas . Also want to know whether maids that terminated before their contract will be sent back home or will stay at the agency’s staff house until their supposedly 2 years contract here is finished? #domestichelper #helperagency #advicepls #helper

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

This might help answer your questions above and also what has been given to you via the contract terms & conditions. All in all, you will still need to speak with agency in regards to early terminations. Hence, once terminated either they will be send home or transfer maid to those applicants needed maid on immediate. Process wise? Subject to what's agreed between you and agency as well as your maid. Also you/agency are to let her know of your early termination to be fair with her. As far as I know, employer terminate early contract or return maid because of some issues. https://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-agencies/refund-of-ea-service-fee

Read more