Parents...any LO currently drinking or feed on Nan Pro 1 and thinking abt switching to other brands? Any particular reason for switching?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hmm.. I think each baby will react differently to different brands (e.g. due to taste or perhaps baby is sensitive etc). I have a friend who supplemented her breastfeeding with formula. She had to try a few different brands before finding one that her baby takes to. For her, because she only started having both breast milk and formula milk when baby is past 6 months old, she was able to get samples from the various brands. If I'm not mistaken, most companies do not offer sample for stage 1 formula (but you can try contacting them to request for it I suppose). Not sure why you may be considering changing, but I've heard that NAN is quite close to breast milk. Similac is another popular brand that my friends recommended trying. Hope this helps!

Read more

The most common complaint I got about Nan Pro 1 is that the babies seem to get really gassy and have problems passing motion. I've also read online that some parents complain about their babies spitting up alot after drinking Nan Pro 1. Not too sure why but some speculate that it has something to do with the formulation of the iron.

Read more

I was told that Nan has taste closest to Breastmilk. Nan HA taste more bitter than Nan Pro. We tried Dumex before but managed to total breastfeed when my LO hit 2.5 months old. He was born 4kg and has severe eczema now. :(