Hi parents, my LO 17mo having a excessive skin at the side of the butt hole. Not sure is it the reason making her feel painful everytime she's trying to poo. Anyone encounter this issue?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My boy had it and it developed into a pimple with pus which was quite troublesome to care for. So have to ensue that every time it's v clean and pd gave antibiotic cream and wash...till today still have but flatten out alrdy. Better to monitor it closely. My boy also screamed in pain that time and he has a good tolerance of pain kind. If concern, can check w family gp - Shld be good enough. Speedy recovery

Read more
8y ago

Was given some cream to put to prevent/cure and infection but it still became an infection with pus (showing up after a few days)

Hi! My daughter had that loose skim too at around 17 mo too when she had excessive diarrhea. We broight her to see the gp who just told us to apply drapolene. She is now 24 mo and the excess skin is still there, but less swollen. Recently, another gp saw it and said it's normal. My daug will also scream in pain when the poo is hard.

Read more
8y ago

Yes exactly , she developed it with diarrhea. I think I need to go GP she is crying every time she need to poo. I'm worried

Hi, no experience with the loose skin but have you checked that she's not constipated with more fiber or prune juice or fruits like papaya? If she's not constipated, I would definitely bring her to a pd for a check.

If you think the pain is caused by the excessive skin at the side, definitely go get it checked out. If its too much pain each time it may eventually give them fear of going to the toilet.

Mummies , pls share if it the same condition like this ? :(

Post reply image