Doing night shift during pregnancy

Hi. Is it okay to work night shift when pregnant? I'm currently 11 weeks. Forgot to ask doctor's advice about working night shifts.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s okay to do night shifts but it also totally depends on your body. I was doing morning and night shifts until about 15 weeks and requested for mornings because I couldn’t take it and was just exhausted. Gynae also advised for frequent and standardised hours of sleep. So, it’s totally up to you and how much your body can take it. If really cannot take it, don’t delay and just ask for permanent mornings. Need to take extra care of ourselves while pregnant! :)

Read more

It is definitely okay as long as your night shift doesn't burden you with alot of task, too much walking/standing. TBH, on the other hand, also advisable to take permanent morning shift unless otherwise they dont. In this way you get more rest and suitable for pregnancy mummy.

just pray before going to work , hopefully god sends an angel watching over you day n night . take care of yourself! don't forget to stay hydrated 😉

if possible please ask ure gynae for light duty work.. from now on.so ure boss will know