Hi, is it okay for not having any full month celebration for my LO? But I will pray my ancestors at the temple.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes it is perfectly fine. I have not heard anything bad related to not holding a full month party and I have frens who don't do it. Alternatively some people do a 100 day celebration instead. Sometimes it is quite tiring to do a full month party as baby is still so small and mommy is not fully recovered from pregnancy and delivery yet. Do what you deem fit for yourself and baby. A happy mommy makes a happy baby. As for in laws and parents if they are not so particular about it I don't think it matters whether they want a party or not Coz this is your own baby. Maybe just have a small cosy celebration at home with family??

Read more

Definitely and absolutely ok - if ur parents or in-laws allow it. It's unnecessary and baby won't remember, it's a time to show off baby but also deal w the issue of too many hands touching baby - don't know clean anot. Some pple don't have a big celebration but they give the full month cake - which u can get from bengawan solo - v affordable n just give them the card, they can go collect it themselves - I got mine from bengawan solo. It's ur baby, u guys are the parents, check w the grandparents if they ok anot. Full month celebration can collect lots of gifts but it can get quite tiring for mother n baby

Read more

Yup! It's alright. I didn't hold any full month celebration for my baby girl as we felt that the baby was too small to be touched by too many people. Plus my hubby and I didn't really like entertaining big group of friends and relatives. So my mil did the rituals and we distributed gift cards to our relatives as well as friends who bought gifts for the baby.

Read more

There is no ok or not ok. A matter of preference. Westerners don't do full month or pray to ancesters right, so doesnt mean anything will happen to bub if u do or not do. Only superstitions actually

Why not? I did not hold full month but instead held 100-day party.

VIP Member

yes! you can replace by 100 day party! no harm