is it ok mom that you drink coffee twice a day? breastfeed mom here. im a coffee lover. there are times that i exceed drinking coffee a day.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can take a look at this article for a gauge of how much is "too much". Basically, it may be different for every individual and you may need to observe your baby's reaction to determine if you are consuming too much. http://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/lifestyle/caffeine/#toomuch Also, do note that caffeine is not only present in coffee, other drinks like tea, and coke and food like chocolate also contains caffeine.

Read more

coffee contains caffeine which can have a negative impact on your breast milk production and will not be good for your or baby's health. here is a link you can take a look at that will help you understand more about the effects of coffee on your baby when you breastfeed.. http://www.llli.org/faq/caffeine.html

Read more

Wow 2cups a day im a coffee lover too :D if your baby is fine then it should be okay but then again how about changing to other healthier drinks to keep hydrated. Unlike me ever since my baby gets fussy and throwing tantrums after breasfeeding whenever i drink coffee i stop drinking it :)

Its not healthy but as long as your drinking your water an juice an eating the right things I don't see why not treat your self with a second cup. You can have one a day your whole pregnancy now the baby is here an not sleeping. If a second cup keeps your head on straight I don't see why not

TapFluencer

Coffee is caffeine and not a healthy drink when breastfeeding. Better try other healthier drinks like fruit juice, almond or Soya milk and plenty of water for hydration

It's not advisable to drink too much coffee as it has caffine. Try to reduce your intake and drink with moderation. At most I drink a cup a day.

Try to substitute coffee from almond milk, soya milk and oatmilk ,perhaps you will forget about addictive coffee 😊

TapFluencer

Coffee is caffeine and not healthy for baby and you. Recommend you stop drinking coffee while you are breastfeeding

Is not advisable, but if you can't hold your self ,once a day is better

Not very advisable to drink too much coffee while breastfeeding.