Change Gynae after first trimester

Is it ok to change Gynae after first trimester? Am in private now, thinking may be possible to change to public? What's the consideration? #pregnancy #advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes, it is possible but you will need to get referral from polyclinic or chas gp. I was a subsidized patient in kkh and had saved a lot of money on tests and consultations. I had switch to private for delivery, but you can save even more if you didn't. https://herwealthjournal.com/costs-of-giving-birth-in-singapore-how-much-i-spent-in-kkh/

Read more
3y ago

Yes, you'd need a referral from a polyclinic or a CHAS-accredited GP to be a subsidized patient. I have documented my prenatal costs as a subsidized patient in KKH. Depending on your consultant, a doctor based in MAH or Thomson would charge $200-300 / consultation. I have had about 11 doctor consults which can cost up to $1500-2000 even with a doctor package in private.

I tink its ok if theres no issues. But r u referring to private in public hosp? Initially i had apptment wif nuh gynae but eventually did not go since they told me to do my tests n scan outside. Problems came one after another and i decided to stick wif my private gynae. Anyway comfortable ok alr!

Read more

I switch from kk subside to pte gynea in week 20. if u intend to switch to govt gynea do go to polyclinic earlier to get a referral letter. as the waiting time can be a few weeks till u get an appt.

3y ago

Do you happen to know how Long does it take for you to receive the appointment from the public route? After the referral from polyclinic.. thanks..

Public hospital waiting time is really long though. And the doctors are not always the same unless you go for private in public hospitals. Some private gynae also have packages that’s not bad.

3y ago

I started with my doc when I had polpys removal.. So wasn't there for pregnancy... Will try to ask if there's a package to follow...

Yes, I changed my gynae when I’m at early second trimester which I glad I did it.. But mine are both private.. Sub clinic might take longer if you don’t mind to wait..