frequent urination

Is it normal to pee that often when you are 22 weeks along?

40 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, frequent urination is common pregnancy symptoms. What causes frequent urination during pregnancy? Blame excessive urination on the pregnancy hormone hCG, which increases the blood flow to your pelvic area. While that blood flow can be good for increased sexual pleasure during pregnancy (if you're in the mood for it), it's not so good for long car rides: hCG also increases blood flow to your kidneys, which become more efficient during pregnancy. As your kidneys get better at their job, your body gets rid of waste more quickly (including baby's, since you'll be peeing for two). Your growing uterus also bears some responsibility for your bathroom runs, since it puts pressure on your bladder, giving it less room to store urine. Near the end of the third trimester, when your baby is preparing for childbirth, his or her head "drops" down into the pelvis and presses squarely on your bladder — which means you’ll have that gotta-go urge more than ever. For nighttime urination in particular, those swollen feet and ankles can also play a part. When your body absorbs the fluid in your legs while you’re sleeping, those fluids are used to make urine. Can I prevent frequent urination during pregnancy? Besides fully emptying your bladder every time you go to the bathroom, try these tricks to reduce urinary frequency: Skip diuretics like caffeine. They’ll make you have to pee even more often. Don't drink before bed. If you find you have to get up often to go to the bathroom during the night, try limiting fluids right before bedtime. When can I expect frequent urination to end while I'm pregnant? Because the arrangement of internal organs varies slightly from woman to woman, the degree of urinary frequency in pregnancy may also vary: Some women barely notice it, while others are bothered by it throughout their pregnancies. Frequent urination is generally likely to last through the ninth month of pregnancy, until you give birth. I hope the above information is useful to you. Take good care and God bless you and baby.

Read more
3y ago

so informative, thank you:)

Super Mum

Perfectly normal hun! Frequent urination is a common early pregnancy symptom, but it can also reappear later on during pregnancy as your uterus and baby grow, putting pressure on your bladder. Although it can definitely be annoying, in most cases, it's nothing to worry about. I remmber when i was pregnant! Oh gosh... You can try to use a good panty liner. i used Poise then. Cos i had leackage during laughing coughing or sneezing. 🤣

Read more
3y ago

yeah me too.. sometimes I really tired changing my panty liner everytime cos laughing, coughing and sneezing 😌😌😌

Yes because having a growing baby pushes your bladder thats why urination is more often than usual

yes . it will increase.mine was from 15weeks specially during night.

yes its normal. i am also experiencing that, im 22weeks now.

I'm having that problem too.. yeah I'm 22 weeks also..

VIP Member

Yes, the baby is growing and pressing on the bladder!

Super Mum

Possible and normal :) baby’s right beside your bladder.

Yup normal. Cos you're probably drinking more

Yes especially if you keep yourself hydrated.

4y ago

Thank you mummy! 😁