Facing issue with breastfeeding

My newborn used to be able to latch for 1wk+, however he is suddenly rejecting since 2 days ago. He opened and covered his mouth with it but took out right after for both sides... Anyone faced similar issue and managed to resolve it?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My LO is not a newborn anymore, but he sometimes has this problem too. I suspect it's nipple confusion. I do bottle feeding and breast feeding, and it could be that he sometimes is confused over whether it is a nipple and unlatches. For me, if I changed sides baby would sometimes be willing to latch on. Sometimes i chang to football hold and he is willing to latch again. But sometimes everything also fail. Have not found a solution yet.

Read more

Yea I think it’s with bottle feeds cocurrently it happens. I try to feed baby first w bottle den latch after. Realized when baby is too hungry, will not be able to latch immediately

Check the flow, sometimes if I have heavy let down my baby reject too. If he is showing other symptoms like arching back or gas, I try to bump him first then resume.