Feeling stress

My newborn is only a week old. My mum tells me not to let BB cry so much because air might enter his tummy and make him uncomfortable. I explain that BB only cries when he's hungry, need a change of diaper or what not. And my mum handles my BB roughly during shower time and wearing clothes. I constantly remind her to be gentle. The other day my BB cried bloody murder for nearly 2 hours only to find out my mum went to sort of pluck out his umbilical cord cause its dropping soon. I feel very heartbroken. Luckily, the belly button seems fine. On the other hand, my MIL ask me to stop breastfeeding because she says I look pale, and most likely it's due to not having enough nutrients since young. She said my breastmilk will affect the growth of my son when he reaches puberty. She insist giving formula, and to give BB drink water after formula milk as its heaty. I told my husband no water until after 6 mths for BB. Pls advise, can newborns drink water or am I right? #pleasehelp #advicepls #1stimemom #StressedMom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Omg. I can’t at the “pluck out the umbilical cord”. Such typical old wives and their nonsensical theories. Same like my mother. The crying part where air enters the stomach. She recently just discovered herself that newborns are not supposed to be given water. Maybe you can educate your family members with scientific research. Take control over your own baby. DO NOT MIND/CARE/MATTER WHAT OTHERS SAY OF YOU. Go in one ear and out the other. Make sure you do a lot of research when it comes to raising a child in this MODERN world. Our parents are just ridiculous lah.

Read more
2y ago

Same like my mom.. haha it’s just their mindset. I mean seriously, if doctors don’t know anything then why go to the doctor when they’re sick? 🥴 Why leave everything in doctor’s expertise when they’re diagnose with an illness? Right? Hahaha