Advice needed! Can allergies be prevented?

Need some advice. My first kid has eczema and several allergies. Recently found out that I am expecting. Kinda panicking. What’s the chances of my 2nd kid having similar allergies/eczema? Anything I can do to prevent or lower the risks of allergies for my 2nd kid? #advicepls

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Different kid will have different body system immunity. You may watch for food intake taken by second child and see if she/he has any reactions to certain type of food, display any redness, dry skin, rashes that doesn't heal, scratching or whatever that triggers the body system. Take not of it in your own food journal and either you avoid or you lessen it. I have my my nephew and niece (all 3 siblings) and they all have eczema but has different type of eczema/allergy to different types of food. So they do test, food journal, avoid or reduce. Some have history of eczema through history. So maybe you can just do more googling or seek advice from gynae/doctor. For allergy/eczema can't be prevented if bound to happened, we just have to minimize or avoid or susbtitute. Hope this helps.

Read more

You can try googling taking probiotic during pregnancy. I read it will help to reduce baby’s chance of having eczema upon birth. Which is something I have been taking and I also turn on air purifier every night while sleeping. To I breath in “cleaner” air. Not sure if this help but still do it anyway.

Read more

There’s a book called The Baby and the Biome by Meenal Lele. I borrowed the ebook from NLB app. Her first child had lots of allergies issue and her second one, she built up gut health and introduced allergy food very early and he has much better allergy management. Can try reading! 💪🏼

to prevent allergies, pregnant mummy are advised to eat everything so that baby absorb all kinds of food in tummy while growing. this is what my babies PD told me during the breastfeeding journey

If you are a believer, maybe try to avoid the so called “poisonous” food while pregnant, eg prawn paste, to help having healthy skin condition.

Does you or husband has history of eczema/allergy? It can be hereditary. If no, I would encourage you to eat a variety during pregnancy.