Cry almost the whole day

Need to be on bed rest till sept. Since conception, I have been in and out of hospital. 2 weeks ago, I am asked to be on no pay leave ... How to survive for another 5 months? I felt so abandoned and alone...

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

is it your boss asked you to go on no pay leave? cause i think if you still have AL, you should utilize it first. suggest that you speak to your boss to verify the reason for taking no pay leave and if he doesnt want to justify then i think you need to get help from HR. Remember to document all conversation down in Black & white if possible. does your company works with any Union? you may also seek their help if your discussion with your boss/HR fails. as for HL, i think only if the hospital deem that you are unfit for work then they will issue to you. you might also want to consider speaking to them to ask for a short period of HL though i know public hospital might be a little strict when it comes to that. otherwise can have a doctor's memo for you to work from home as much as possible?

Read more
3y ago

thank you!

I need to bedrest till Sept as well... so I ask my gynae to write a memo for me to WFH till my EDD date. My bosses are not able to overwrite the gynae's instructions... therefore, I have been WFH since then. If doc memo doesnt help, I suggest you bring this matter to MOM or TAFEP.

3y ago

good idea. thank u!

Do you have enough AL to cover or maybe utilize your hospitalisation leave? That's discrimination against pregnant women & maybe you can try calling MOM to seek advise.

3y ago

thank you!

According to MOM website, you’re able to claim up till 60 days of HL. Pls check with MOM.

Talk to your boss about it

3y ago

I did. they refuse to give me work