Pureed food for 4 months old baby

Hi 🥰 need advise if i can introduce pureed apple or othe pureed food to my 4 month old baby... 🙏#advicepls #1stimemom

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Best to check with PD but, at four months, breast milk and/or iron-fortified formula are still the main food in your baby’s diet. If he is showing signs of readiness (see below), you can start pureed foods. If your baby does not show these signs do not start. Wait until he is ready. Signs to look out for if baby is ready,Can hold his head up steadily. Opens his mouth when he sees food. Can sit with support in an infant seat or high chair. Does not push the spoon out of his mouth with his tongue. Keeps food in mouth and swallows it. Can turn his head to stop a feeding.

Read more
VIP Member

Yes do wait for PD advice. Generally should start solid at ard 6 mths. I started solid at 4 mth pls per my PD advice as my baby started to reject milk at 3 mths plus. If your PD gives the go ahead, u can try masked banana or mashed avocado for a start.. when u intro new food, try it for 3 days consecutively to ensure no allergy reaction before moving on to the next type of food.

Read more
2y ago

My baby also the same Rejecting milk turning to 4 months. I dunno if its teething or just want food.. (yes 4 tooth is coming out.)

I started my girl on abit purees n some plain cereal at 4months exact n switched to BLW at 5.5months, she showed signs of readiness n I was comfortable with that decision, did not consult PD prior to it but when I brought it up during checkups they said it was fine

Polyclinic PD gave the green light to give my son solid when he is 4m old. I didnt start until he is 6m old. There is no need to rush to start on solid. Start from rice cereal, dont mix too many fruits/veggies at once in case of allergy.

TapFluencer

i started feeding baby cereal and mashed avocado when my baby 5.5mths cos she that time alr can sit upright and hold her head steadily. better wait until ur baby can sit upright first or 6mths whichever earlier.

if ur baby can sit upright than yes if not better to wait till 6 months. To be honest 4 months way to early

Has your baby's PD told you to start baby on solid? If not, pls don't. Wait for PD to say can.

unless advise by doctor to start. else it's still too early, best to wait till 6mth

Better to wait till 6 months unless PD give green light to give early

Hi, Better to wait till the baby is 6 months old