My daughter has to take a 3 month jab. Does anyone know which is the jab that has to be taken in 3 months and what is the difference between 5-in-1 and 6-in-1?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

The jabs that will be given will usually be recorded in your child's health booklet. This shows all the immunisations a child is recommended to get. http://www.hpb.gov.sg/HOPPortal/gamesandtools-article/3216 At three months - DTaP - 1st dose IPV - 1st dose Hib - 1st dose Pneumococcal Conjugate - 1st dose The 5-in-1 injection combines vaccines against Diphtheria/Pertussis/Tetanus (DPT), Polio and Haemophilus Influenzae type B (Hib) into 1 injection and is provided free of charge for Singapore citizens at polyclinics. The 6-in-1 injection combines vaccines against Diphtheria/Pertussis/Tetanus (DPT), Polio, Haemophilus Influenzae type B (Hib) and Hepatitis B into 1 injection but is not subsidised.

Read more
Post reply image

5-in-1 is free but will need to pay $120 for 6-in-1 using medisave. Consulted the nurse and she said the effectiveness and side effects are the same, just one less needle to poke. I went ahead with the 6-in-1 anyway. Saves me 1 visit to the polyclinic.

Post reply image

thanks