My 4-month old sleeps at 10pm and wakes up at 7am. Is 9 hours of sleep enough for her age?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My baby is 4 months old and she also sleeps around 10pm and wakes up around 6 or 7am. 4 month olds can go up to 8 hours without milk. They also nap frequently in the day. An average is 3 naps a day, amounting to about 4 to 5 hours. Don't be too worried as babies will fall asleep when they are tired. You just need to ensure that they have a cosy environment for sleeping in. http://www.parents.com/baby/sleep/basics/understanding-baby-sleep-4-6-months/#page=1

Read more

When my son was about 3+/4 months, he's sleeping pattern was also similar's to Jamie's daughter and I got to catch up with my very much needed sleep. Once in a while he would wake up for feeding but otherwise he would wake up for the day when I am up for the day at about 6am. What I would say is, enjoy your sleeping for now! Babies are smart little beings and would cry to get attention if he"s hungry.

Read more

Your baby should be taking around 2-3 naps in the day to be active. As long as she is not being irritable or fussy, her sleep pattern seems fine. Keep track of her growth to make sure that her sleep isn't affecting her.

VIP Member

A 4 month old would sleep for 15-16 hours a day and take about 3 naps. If your baby is already sleeping for a longer duration at night, I would say enjoy the time .

thanks