My 18 months old is at 9kg and this was her weight since 6 months old. Is this something I should be worried about? She is eating well and growing well just no weight increase.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Like what Hui Qun has mentioned, most babies tend to slow down their weight gain at the 6 months mark. I personally wouldn't worry too much about your baby's either as long as she's eating well and as Hui Qun said, hitting her milestones accordingly. Babies don't necessary have to be of the same size as other babies because well, they come from different sets of parents so genetically, they're all different.

Read more

It is common for babies to slowdown in terms of weight gain at around 6 months of age. This is due to the increase in their physical activities. As long as your child is eating well and meeting the developmental milestones, her lack of weight gain shouldn't be a cause of concern. You could check with your doctor to put your mind at ease.

Read more

Babies double their birth weight by the time they complete six months. However, after that the weight increase slows down a bit. If your baby is active and eating well, there's nothing to worry about.Don't worry and just keep monitoring your baby's weight and show it to the doctor the next time you visit him to be on the safer side.

Read more

thanks