Single mother

Mums, I'm on the verge of becoming a single mother. Lay it on me, don't sugar coat - what was the toughest part about being a newly single mother?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not going to sugar coat anything. I was in 14 hours of labour alone. Night duties alone, battled with post natal depression alone. Financial wise wasn’t an issue. I had savings. But emotionally wise. I have never felt worst. To be honestly, my son is already 2 year old. Till now, never have I once laugh or smile earnestly. No doubt he brought me so much joy, but there’s this missing piece in me. I still get anxiety attacks. People say it gets easier. To me, I’m just living each day as it is. Let me know if you want to talk! I am open! ❤️

Read more
4y ago

I'm sorry to know what you had gone through. I can feel you though I am not a woman. Let it go, forget about those unhappiness and sadness as is already over. Move on and to looking forward those happiness ahead. Live at present. Don't torture yourself anymore. Be nice and good to yourself. Take good care of your son and enjoy the time with him. Try to divert your thoughts, listen to soft music or have deep breathe if you feel anxiety. I'm not sure will it helps, just my two cents worth. Perhaps seek medical help if you are fine with it. Wish you with bountiful of joy and peace. Jia You💪🌈