Baby bottles recommendation PHILIPS or HEGEN

Hello mums and dads, Any recommendation on how many bottles to get and as well as which brand is better? Am looking at: 1) Philips Avent Natural Newborn Starter Bottle Set 2) Hegen PCTO™ Complete Starter Kit PPSU Any advice? FTM here. Thanks #pleasehelp #firstbaby #breastfeedingweek #milkbottle #philipsavent #PhilipsAventNaturalFeedingBottle #hegen

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I prefer avent ppsu bottle over pigeon because I always need to adjust the pigeon teats to align the small hole in the milk bottle ring with the small round hole on the teats everytime when screwing the bottle with the milk in. If I don’t align properly, the air bubble in the bottle will not be able to be released from the bottle. Need to release the air from the bottle to prevent baby from sucking the air bubbles. And also avent ppsu bottle allows me to see how much milk is there left in the bottle compared to the plastic version of avent bottle. I don’t have this problem with avent. I just need to feed my baby with the 3 lines on the teats upright to release the air bubbles. Avent teats resembles mummy’s nipples cos wider so they causes less leakage. Tried switching him from teats 1 to 2 for avent but the flow is too fast for him, so switched back to teats 1 for avent. I used to think pigeon was better but now I realised we need to use it to experience which some suits us and the baby better. Hard to advised. But my baby is fine with both avent n pigeon. Personally, I prefer ppsu bottle than plastic cos with plastic I cannot see how much milk is left in the bottle during the feed.

Read more
11mo ago

My kids prefer Avent too, it helps to reduce colic.

I have pigeon hegen tommeetippee avent n dr brown. my first born was super anything, all brands she accept but my second born is picky, he only likes pigeon! But IMO, pigeon is comparable with hegen n cheaper, also wide mouth n easier to clean than avent as it's straight, avent has the sharp curve at the mouth

Read more

Avent 😂 My advice is just sign up for insurance talk to get the freebies. I got all my Avent and Hegen for free. My baby prefers Avent than Hegen so ultimately it’s up to baby’s acceptance instead. 😊

11mo ago

I vote Avent! My boy doesn’t like hegen, waste my money.

i have both philips avent ppsu bottles and hegen. honestly i prefer philips, wide neck bottles can fit my spectra pump. hegen bottle is very specific to that brand, you can only use their brand product

Im using pigeon, hegen one my baby didnt really like. Im jot sure about phillips though.. but for me, hegen bottles sometimes are hard to open as theyre square—specially when im in a hurry!

11mo ago

Yes super agree, hard to open for hegen bottle! 3 of my kids love accept, it helps in reduce colic

Both of my kids love Avent ppsu bottles, the nipple is soft and the bottle is durable. Still look new after 3 months. Tried hegen before, it leaks from the bottle neck!

TapFluencer

You can get one milk bottle each from every brand. Cause it’s your baby choosing the bottles hahaha. I’m using pigeon though cause hospital uses it.

I’m using Hegen. So far, so good. The bottles can be repurposed for fridge storage once baby outgrows it.

pigeon or comotomo, hegen is a pain to secure the cap and hard to clean too.

Mum of 3 here. From experience so far pigeon bottles works best for us :)