Taking supplements for first trimester

Any mummy’s out there keen to share what supplements you take during your first trimester? Appreciate if you have a particular brand of product etc. Thanks in advance!

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

"DHA is particularly important for fetal development of the brain and retina during the third trimester and up to 18 months of life." this is what I'm reading... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2621042/

When i got to knew i was preggy at 8 weeks, gynae said to take folic acid only. I rmb it was only in 2nd tri then i was given those vitamins and to stop folic. I cant rmb i got my folic acid frm guardian or so.

Initially took the multi Vitamins. But doc say not to, due to, DHA. Only taking folic acid. Not sure about you, but I definitely trust my Gynae more than the commercial on all the vit A-Zetc etc..

3y ago

Not too sure. But my doc recommend to only take that in 2nd trimester. Not to doubt doctor, but maybe we should be smarter patients and question...

Folic acid from Now Foods. The only supplement gynae instructed to take during 1st tri and I was already taking it before preg, I continued taking the one I already had.

Folic Acid, bought from Unity — gynae said to start taking the moment i called for an appt. And some probiotics, to balance stomach fluids.

Took folic acid, calcium and iron pills as per prescribed by GP.

folic acid, DHA, Calcium and multivitamins.

folic acid and probiotic due to eczema

folic acid from blackmores

folic acid frm the gynae!