First pregnancy

Hi mummy, is it normal at 5 weeks to feel pain on your left side of your abdomen ,back and middle abdomen?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I felt the same for my left abdomen too, felt like stitch pain intermittently. It’s bearable kind. Not intense. But no back or middle abdomen pain thou. Did my scan today at 6wk, seen baby’s heartbeat. Do consult a gynae if it is very bad.

Yes i did experience those. Gynae said my belly were probably expanding but i did do a scan just to be sure & was prescribed some meds as well in case of more cramping. Mine even felt heat radiating after cramps..

yes. i felt that there was alot of pressure on my lower back at night and abit of cramping. it not very pain but discomfort till i couldnt have a peaceful sleep/couldn't sleep well.

Same here. I’m in my week 14. I start to feel cramp around my lower abdomen. My next doc appointment is 2 wks later. Wonder if I should go to doc or it is normal. 🤔

if its not pro-long pain should be OK because they are expanding for the baby to grow.. but if you are worry, can go A&E check for peace of mind

2y ago

ok sure. thank you

the best is to check with your gynae but its normal. sometimes if u have UTI it can also hurt . i had UTI when I was 14 wks pregnant.

2y ago

but pls check with ur gynae . dont self diagnose.

I experienced pain on my left lower abdominal as well during week 4. Haven’t seen gynae yet cuz of long weekend :(