7 weeks old getting fussy on bottle

Hi Mummies, Need help with one situation I am facing recently. I breastfeed my little one but if he is hungry more after latching then I top it up with formula in a bottle. I have been doing this since he was 3 weeks old and things were fine till now. Recently I notice that when I premptively give him formula in bottle after latching, he really gets frustrated and doesn’t want to drink the bottle at all. Can it be that he is now getting full from latching itself and I don’t need to top up ? Has anyone faced this before ? Please help. #advicepls #firstbaby #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If he gets fussy now that you give bottle fed then do give unless it is not enough for him. Baby milk pattern change. For me both my daughters ill bottle fed when it is not enough and when I am starting work/they are going to CC. But ill highly advise soon as baby turn 2 to 3 months old, try to FM and interval with BM so baby will get use to it.

Read more

Is your LO able to go through a whole 2-3 hours without the FM topup (just BM only)? If yes, then likely your supply has caught up to LO’s needs :) if not, continue to supplement with FM, most likely it is colic or need to burp first before the bottle