Working during pregnancy

Hi mummies/mummies-to-be, Any of you currently/have been working while pregnant? How do you cope with the swollen feet due to standing long hours, the backpain for sitting too long in the office, the migraine/headache that you have to endure throughout the day..? Any tips or advices to share? Would love to read the different types of pregnancy journey that you ladies have gone through while working! 😊✨ #pregnancy

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is based on my experience ya. 1. Swollen feet due to water retention, wear compression socks to helps with the pain and long walks. Since wearing it, i can walk and stand long hours to shop baby stuff too at my 8mths 🤭 2. Backpain not only sitting too long in the office but it's normal during pregnancy. You can wear back/hip belt support. Then in between hours, stand up do light stretching or take a short walks. i did it always by going to pantry, toilet and photocopier! 😂 Also i have monthly prenatal massage to ease some pain. 3. Migraine/headache, you need to know why you got it. If stress with work, take some break in between. Sleepy, i usually will take nap during lunch time. I'm more active and happy when i work in office during pregnancy. Wfh during pregnancy makes me more lazy, tired easily and mood swing. 🤭

Read more

I am a Nurse and I worked till my EDD. My first pregnancy. It was really tough and challenging to do so but it helped my labour a lot as my labour was a 3hr one. Compression stockings really helped me to pull through long hours of walking at work. I also had back pain now and then when I just sat down to rest before I resumed working. I really recommend all pregnant mothers to work till the end so that there's some sort of exercise to ease labour. Have a pleasant and smooth labour to all pregnant ladies! And a beautiful motherhood journey after!🤩

Read more

I came across this topic quite by accident, but I want to give my advice. I became a copywriter during pregnancy. This is a good job that does not require a lot of time and brings good earnings. Here is an example of the texts I write: https://www.legalfiles.com/product/corporate-matter-management// https://www.legalfiles.com/product/law-manager-software/ https://www.legalfiles.com/product/legal-department-software/ I recommend! There are a lot of such tasks on the freelance search site. If you are interested, I can consult you for free

Read more
1y ago

Hi there, Just chance upon this post although its been months back.. i am interested.. care to share more pls

Hi fellow mummy, I've also been fully WFH since I was pregnant w my 2nd child. Honestly WFH is more tiring if your 1st child is unwell at home and u have to be disciplined to lock yourself in the room to work. Sometimes I get so tired I take naps during lunchtime even 10 minutes is good enough. Do set alarm every hour to remind yourself to stand up and walk around if not your backache will be worse by end of day. Fill your water bottle every 2 hours so you can exercise and walk to kitchen.

Read more
VIP Member

Hey mummy! - Wear compression socks for swollen feet. - For backpain, I walked or just stood up to stretch hourly for about 5 mins. Do get cushions to support your back too! - For headaches, I will try to rub my head and neck with essential oil and if it is really unbearable I will pop a Panadol (normal not extra strong type). Drink loads of water too and get plenty of rest and don’t be stress! Hope this helps ☺️

Read more

I was allowed to work from home. I worked 45 minutes and walked outside for 15 minutes. Going back to the office soon. Already counting the days! Are you looking for work at a top marketing agencies? If so, choose a Chicago, IL based firm, Mabbly. The company specializes in integrated digital marketing campaigns, one of the selected few in US. For more information, please follow this link: https://www.mabbly.com/

Read more
1y ago

is this base in US only?

I visit the chiro for my back pain. If I get migraines from being on my feet or working all days due to running of events I will just sleep it off the moment I get home and try to get as much sleep as possible hoping the migraine would fade away. I haven’t taken paracetamols yet so I self medicate. But drinking 100 plus realllllly helps! Also spam all the water you can!! ☺️

Read more

My company allowed me to wfh previously but it was also recommended by govt thereafter. I dont have backaches for sitting too long in front of the comp (i hve too much work so i hardly stand n move away from my comp at times).. i m surprisingly more energetic n dun feel slpy during my pregnancy..

I sleep with a pillow for my legs -creates elevation and improves circulation. I use a back brace from Lazada during working hours for posture control. I also walk 30 mins a day at least 4 times a week.

My secret is a pick me up snack! Whenever I am getting a headache, too stressed or feel my HP reducing to zero, I eat a piece of dark chocolate and it helps a lot.