Troubled Sleeping :(

Hello mummies, I'm on my 26 weeks and it seems like I have been having difficulties to sleep. It's impossible to nap in the afternoon too! I'm exhausted, but it's just so hard to fall asleep! Day after day it just gets worst ☹️ Is this because my tummy is growing and that it's hard to find a comfortable position to settle in? Cause most of the time I see myself struggling in doing so. Plus, the aching spine and calf makes it even harder too 😭

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy! I used to have trouble sleeping too when i was in my 2nd and 3rd trimester.😅 for me it was worst in the 3rd trimester as i was feeling uncomfortable everywhere. Feet were hurting , back was aching , tossed and turn but couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep. Adding on i had terrible heartburns and would stay up till late night cause i couldn't sleep. Tried sleeping while resting my back to the bedrest, it helped but obviously it wasn't a comfortable position to sleep in while pregnant. What helped me was the maternity pillow that my hubby bought and also drinking a cup of warm milk before sleep. I slept on my side facing left(since i had heartburn). Perhaps you could get a maternity pillow those u shape kind so you can have both back and tummy support.

Read more
4y ago

Yes! I did tend to wake up every now and then to go toilet & when it gets stuffy. Even with the highest fan speed ,i always felt hot and annoyed cause i couldn't sleep well. Hmm,maybe try to listen to calming sounds or listen to surahs to help you fall asleep? I on youtube and listen to surahs reciting 😅