Sleeping pattern of 1 year old

Hi Mummies, I need advise and tips. Before turning 1 year old, my boy used to sleep by 8:30 pm and get up at 7 am. Ever since he turned 1 year old, he gets up at 6 am sharp every morning and won’t go back to sleep. Is this normal for 1 year olds ? Any mummies can share any tips on what to do? Like so you give breastmilk/growing up formula milk immediately when the baby gets up or do you make the baby wait and give them breakfast so they get more nutrition for their first meal of the day as compared to milk. #firstymMom #firstimebeingamother

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my toddler sleeps between 7.30pm-8pm, she'll wake up ard 6am too. sometimes 7am. Once woken up, rarely she goes back to slp. I'll give her milk when she wakes up until she was about 15M, I stop giving milk when she wakes up. I get her to eat breakfast and then milk bef nap time.

2w ago

I mean it's still your decision, if it's me, yes I think it's OK to still give milk first and then breakfast ☺️ in my case I see how my daughter eats as time goes by. Once I see she could eat a good amt of food for breakfast i stop milk in the morning. but now I will still see. there are days where she don't really eat much breakfast, in this case I give formula milk or full cream milk so she doesn't get hungry. don't worry mummy, you see how your baby is. I'm a FTM too so I'm still learning as I go ☺️

VIP Member

Samesies here! They shorten their overall sleeping hours gradually haha. I agree with the reply earlier. Since my baby is breastfed i tend to give in and then struggle for baby to have any solids for breakfast. If u can prep ur breakfast real quick go ahead!