An tai yao chinese medicine - when to eat?

Hi mummies, I am 14 weeks pregnant and my mum just gave me chinese herbal medicine an tai yao. They say its to strengthen and stabilise the pregnancy. How long can i eat this medicine for? TIA

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! I took herbs that my mom prepared pre preg. But once I got pregnant, my tcm said to stop everything. Even herbs in soups we were also careful about them - so you may want to bring the an tai yao to a reputable tcm to advise you! :) take care!

I took tcm med before pregnancy but stopped once I got pregnant, tcm doc advised not to take any during first trim too and pregnant cannot take tcm tonic (eg ginseng). good to check with your gynae and the tcm doc on what is safe.

Hi, according to my physician, normally after you get pregnant, tcm will not advise you to take any herbal medicine. TCM will only give you herbal medicine in the condition where your pregnancy still unstable.

best to eat TCM medicine only after consult with the TCM DOctor. Different body have different conditions…else I rather not take it at all as some herbs are best avoided during pregnancy.

Is best to check with the tcm. I had mine at 14w+ and only can take 1 pack as i have western medicine that clashes with the chinese herbs. So to be safe please go check with your tcm.

no Chinese medication for me, I avoid all herbs during pregnancy it's best to check with sinseh if u want to consume

Better to avoid Chinese herbals for now. We won’t know how our bodies react to Chinese herbs during pregnancy.

TapFluencer

never took any. started with folic acid even before pregnant. After that just took whatever prescribed by gynae.

best to take TCM herbs before and after pregnancy, not during. just advice from gynae, I'm not expert.

I started it at 6 weeks. But make sure it’s prescribed according to your body.