Helper w 2 young kids

Hi mummies with helpers. I need your advice. I recently sent my elder one to childcare , have not adapted yet. Thus slowly placing her half day and changing to full day till 5pm in the later part of this month. My newborn will be out next month. I have problem with my helper. She is someone who love my LO sincerely but her flaws is she doesn't know how to push stroller properly (stroller almost fell a few times at escalator despite teaching her many times) , not safety conscious (tends to open or push stroller in the middle of the road), she can't cook, she does her chores very slow (like literally completing it by 12noon despite waking up at 6am). The reason why im keeping her is because i need a helper so badly and she loves and treats my LO well. Now, im wondering how should I make arrangement since I have to head back to work after maternity and she will have to bring my baby to take bus to send my first child to childcare. My husband is working shift, im working from 7-7pm thus we can only fetch and send my first child on our off days/on days that doesnt clash w our shifts. #pleasehelp #advicepls

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi Momma. I totally understand your concern. Perhaps back in her country, she hardly uses a stroller and uses a sarong as a sling to carry baby. that was what my helper was comfortable with. Also, best not to have LO in a stroller while in the escalator. My suggestion, i wouldnt take any chances and ask her what she is comfortable with in terms of carrying baby. Try a sling or a carrier instead.

Read more
3y ago

my LO is 20months old and extremely heavy while my helper is very petite and small. my family and I can't even carry my LO for long in carrier. that is why we brought our stroller out all the time. just wondering how if newborn is out, how is she going to cope. 🥲