Baby sensitive to heat + often has heat rashes

Mummies who have babies who are more sensitive to heat, perspire a lot and often get heat rashes… I need some advice! My baby has heat rashes often since birth. We have seen a PD when she was newborn and was advised not to apply any moisturiser as it clogs her pores thus causing the rashes. However, her rashes still comes on and off daily with the humid weather, and I’m bothered by the little bumps on her skin. Any recommendations for creams that work for your baby? Or what else works? Please share! :)

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When my baby has heat rash, I let her go topless, just diapers (no aircon, fan blow away) without applying anything. I usually let her sleep till she wakes up then wipe down, apply lotion (cetaphil baby), slightly let it dry then apply Sudocrem on top. Wear holey singlets or cooling tops. I’m not a fan of steroids cream so even thou I was prescribed steroids, I didn’t use. Steroids often clears when applied but comes back once stops so no point IMO. At night I will just wipe down, apply the above then wear pj. No pillows/blankets.

Read more

Ahhh my baby also same! Until his onesie and swaddle is damp or wet at the back(not pee). He also have rashed but i dont do anything with it. During daytime or even night time i always use singlet or those eyelet tops, with holes. Even with that his body will feel warm