Mixed feeding

Any mummies who bottle feed their LO personally still manage to breastfeed their LO? I just read that babies will naturally be attracted to mummy's unique smell that makes them want to latch. However if mummy give baby bottle, baby will get confused hence better to get another caregiver to feed baby using bottle? Not sure if this is true?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My LO does not like to latch directly since he was born. He would latch a while and then fall asleep. So not drinking much while latching. I express pump and let confinement nanny or husband to feed in the beginning. When i first feed him bottle, he seems confused. But slowly get used to it. Now i have been feeding him bottle and latch occasionally without issue

Read more
4y ago

Oic thanks mummy! Mine likes to latch but husband and me have been bottle feeding for 2 months now he rejects latching

Super Mum

Dont think baby is confused per se, they're just smart and know that mummy is around therefore don't want to take the bottle. So it's easier for another caregiver to give bottle and without mummy around initially. They learn fast too. My 9mo baby has been bottle fed during the day since 4mo and latch at night

Read more