Foods / Solid foods

Hi mummies! At what months did you start giving your LO purée or solid foods? Seems like baby is no longer interested in drinking milk anymore. Her milk intake is almost 50% lesser than her usual . #1stimemom #firstbaby

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I started at 4 months as my PD gave the green light. He said tt babies who can hold their heads up steadily and able to sit up without any neck support can start alr. He told me to start with Cerelac which I also mix with BM. Baby didn't really like it much. For the 1st 2-3wks baby rejected but I kept giving just before his milk feeding time so as t to let him get used to the taste. Sometimes I also let him suck on fruits like apple, pear, banana, avocado and he seems to like fruits more. Now at 5 months he's taking in more pureed fruits but I have yet to replace any milk feeds with solids as he's still on the 25th weight percentile despite his height being 75th. Still feeding milk aft his pureed feeds in the hope to increase his weight.

Read more

Gave at 5 months without pd green light. 🤭 PD didn’t approve at 4mths as he said liver not fully developed (I think so, can’t rmb!!) but we noticed baby show interest in food and getting fussy when drinking milk, we let him tried baby purée (at 5 months) and baby like it. We tried to feed solid in the day, in case anything happen (touch wood!!) we can bring to clinic/a&e.. The other cue we take into account is when we see our baby can sit without support. Baby is now is mostly on solids, and milk intake dropped half too, which I think is a norm. Now we only feed him milk when putting him to nap/bedtime. During the day, if he’s hungry, we give food.

Read more
VIP Member

i start to slowly feed some puree on my LO now shes 5mo plus. but more milk intake for her

TapFluencer

i started at 6months when my girl is able to sit up.

VIP Member

you can give puree to your baby when she's 6 mo 😊

6 months. Unless PD approved to start solid early.

VIP Member

5.5m , PD give green light.

5month with pd advise

6 months ☺️

6 months