Natural delivery

Hi mummies, is it true that u will experience very painful peeing and pooping after a vaginal delivery? I wanted to go for natural birth but my in law aunts keep scaring me about their “burning/painful” pee and poo experience after a natural delivery. #advicepls #firstbaby

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For my first kid, i took epidural as I was so afraid of the pain. I had no issues peeing or pooping after delivery. For my second kid, I was determined to go for natural delivery as I had suspected nerve damage after epidural. So I took a course on Hypnobirthing which made delivery so manageable! Pls go check it out, it is sooo empowering! With natural delivery the second time, there were also no issues peeing and pooping. The recovery was so speedy though, I could walk normally to the toilet that my husband was so shocked. All the best mummy! Enjoy the journey!

Read more
3y ago

I did a google search and there are a few companies teaching Hypnobirthing. I signed up with Birthdiscovery. Can check out this website. If u need the trainer's number I can pm u. http://childbirthodyssey.com/hypnobirthing/ Applying the techniques, I felt no pain but just pressure. And I only spent 3 hrs in the delivery suite, it was amazing. Thanks to the course, I knew what to do to speed up labor and how to cope. Hope more women learn it too!

VIP Member

please stick to natural birth , I'm not against other type of giving birth but everything has pros and cons , I had bunch of aunties scaring me that induce Labour is worst end up it wasn't (for me ) but you know whats worst ? the pressure after having a child all the aunties will bombard then , till now I have aunties who complain and complain but we know the best 👌 our mother instinct tells us . so be brave go for it have a second option ONLY when there's complications during giving g birth

Read more

Go for natural. Your recovery will be faster. It stings for a bit but manageable. Normally you'll experience constipation after birth but nothing to worry about as you'll be given some med to ease the constipation. I gave birth 2 mths ago and I did not feel any stinging unlike my previous births and I pooped as per normal. I also walked as if I didn't give birth despite having some complications and I was under many meds. Very fast recovery I must say.

Read more

I had a normal delivery with no epi, the nurses will make u pee/poo aft 6 hours. I didnt manage to poo but i peed for a good minute 😂 no pain tho!!!! I was so scared to poo after delivery that it resulted in constipation for me 😥 but i just drank more water and eat prunes! So it's all good. Wash your down under with warm water after! No stress mummy!

Read more

I think you can decide if you want to feel pain while pee/poo or feel your tummy pain and couldn’t stand up for the first 24hr of surgery (C sect) and even for pooping, I don’t dare to squeeze because my tummy will hurt. If you have a choice, go for natural. I got no choice as mine was emergency c sect.

Read more

Hi mummy, I did natural birth! For pee no pain. As for poop, they will give u meds to make your stool loose, and easier to poop! You can take it if you’re afraid. I took it while I was in the hospital, which was 2 days. But stop taking it when I got home. And it was fine! No pain!

it only sting for a little while which afterwards would be okay. :) but i had really bad poo experience few days after, which was my fault 'cause i used to be afraid of meds. haha... anws after peeing it felt nice to clean the genitals with warm water...

It's not painful if you chose to take epidural during natural birth but you may experience difficulty to pee/pass motion, there are ppl to help to ensure your bladder still working ok after give birth. Don't worry too much & have a safe delivery, mummy!!

Post Delivery you are on heavy pain killers ,you would hardly know the pain while pooping (could be easied by stool softener) peeing usually should not be painful unless you catch UTI from the catheter used for a long time

it's bearable actually. if u worry painful pooping, can request for stool softener? I had 4th degree tear but didn't experience any painful pooping as my doc gave me stool softener