Unpaid leave

Hello mummies, will you take up additional unpaid leave outside of the 16 weeks maternity? My boss is flexible and I am able to take more time off to look after my newborn. I am planning to take an additional 4 weeks unpaid, and considering maybe 8 or going back part time first.. but that would mean no income for 2 months as well. Anyone did this too?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I gave birth mid july and am supposed to return to work early nov aft 16weeks ML. I cleared the rest of my AL/FCL/CCL and took unpaid leave for the rest of the year. So will only return to work next year! Honestly, this is the only time your workplace will “allow” you to take long leave. So just extend ur ML and take unpaid if you have the financial capacity to do so

Read more

for my own mental well being, I actually started my baby on infant care early and return to work earlier. then use the balance ml, ccl n Al to achieve a "part time" arrangement but still get the full pay! my brain is stimulated, physically less tiring and enjoy my time with her more. she's also very well engaged at infant care.

Read more

I’m taking unpaid leave after the 16 weeks of ML. 😎

Honestly if my boss allow it, i would

TapFluencer

i didnt while employed