KKH experience

Hi mummies, can you share with me your experience at KKH (sub)throughout your whole pregnancy journey upon the appointments, scans, checkup, delivery and all. So far i feel like everything is so rushing there & considering if it's better to take private? ftm seeking for advice, thanks!!

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

ftm here...I went through the sub route since day 1...I would say my experience w kkh has been really awesome.. 1.the longest wait is approx 30 mins for the ultrasound scan 2. longest wait for gyane is 30 mins to 45 mins...cause she was late and ended up rushing for every consultation 3. sub route, only the critical wk like 12, 20 and 28 will have scan...I am currently 32 wks, so not sure what's in further...the rest of the wk, they just use a wand thingy to scan heartbeat and u can't see the ultrasound 4. I have really bad eczema and I went gp to refer me to raffles...guess what I need to wait one mth!...I went kkh, they expedite my case to their dermologist to see in one wk! 4. similarly I was diagnosed w GD..they also expedite my case to see a dietician on the day itself! 5. GST absorbed by the govt! imagine how much money u be able to save here 6. I went to their kkh Ane twice...so if need their service for this, will be subsided rate too...furthermore they will have yr health records hope my comment helps all mums out there😀😀😀 of crse u get random gyane, which I personally don't like...it's like lucky draw...sometime good some time bad in terms of their attitude...but anything qn abt baby stuffs, I think they are professional over it hahaha

Read more
5mo ago

my ezcema worsened during pregnancy. it was all over my tummy. I only found out 3 years later when my toddler is facing the same, that my ezcema is triggered by MSG. Hope you can find out what triggers yours and avoid it so you will feel better too.

I went sub route till I saw private doc outside of kkh at abt week 28. I didn’t experience the rushing by doctors as I could ask them to questions. Maybe can slow down your doctor a bit or have your partner be around with questions ready… it could also be the timing of the appointments. Usually my appointments are like immed after their lunch or the first few of the day while they are still slowly moving haha. Heard kkh private wait time might be long or even longer if gynae is popular. I think same elsewhere too

Read more

im a FTM... i took KKH (private)... never tried sub, but even for private some nurses were a bit rude... and everything was rushing. waiting time to scan, waiting for doctor was long... changed to NUH (private) much better process... everything smooth. nurses were okay when i asked a lot of questions especially for FTM... had a fixed and supportive gynae. i was given HL towards my last trimester to rest which i really needed it. i heard KKH hard to give HL...

Read more

As for my point. I give birth 3 in kkh sub . Everything is fine . The only problem is waiting time and u can't get video of ur utrlasound . And going labour also everything is smooth and I did save alot $ after sub. All paid via medisave (after birth) (check up still need pay by urself ) .For me can save jiu save ba , u can buy more toys or baby stuff using those money u save on private. But overall it depend on u ya .. Have a safe and smooth preganancy mummy :)

Read more
2mo ago

so how much was the out of pocket expenses for delivery? $0? cause all paid by medisave?

Hello, Both pregnancies I went through sub route and thankfully both have been pleasant experiences thus far. I always request to have my appts early in the morning cos I find it’s faster (in terms of baby scan/ADC) Only when seeing docs that would take 1-2 hrs but you can always use the Health Buddy app to track queue status and arrive timely :) Hope this helps and may you have a smooth pregnancy journey throughout! 🥰

Read more

Im under Private Patient throughout and delivering soon. I don't have issues with my experiences there except the long queues to collect meds. But I don't have the "rushing" experience. All is smooth. Perhaps, depends on the gynae u take? My gynae, even when she rushes off for procedures and come back to attend to patients, including myself, I felt that she attended to all my queries and there wasn't any "rushing" experience.

Read more
5mo ago

thanks for sharing! glad to hear its going smoothly :) my gynae changes everytime each appointment (prolly cause under sub) so i dont have a specific gynae :\ but true on the collection of meds, even one meds takes forever

Hi, appts will be based on every month/bi-weekly depends on your gynae with scans + checkups (kkh if high risk, gynaes are based on random slots) • delivery -depends whether urs in csect or natural. csect need fix a date. • kkh waiting time not so bad • private (fix gynae) waiting time can be very long, at least 2hrs minimally per session, on top of sudden gynae leave for operation.

Read more

At first for my first I wanted to do sub route I don't really mind that the Gyane changes but in the end some of the Gyane were like having quite a bad attitude because they see so many patients so the way they behave is like normal but to me as a ftm I didn't feel supported and it was the waiting time for the Gyane visit and scan that threw me of course. I went for private in the end.

Read more
5mo ago

ah so true! with the different gynae and being a ftm i felt the same and depends on luck if you get the fast game and rushing gynae or the nice and slow that explains in detailed haha. thanks for sharing! :)

Kkh subsidised for my first pregnancy which I delivered in mid Sep 2023. All is ok, everyone is friendly and nice just hiccups on the billing’s and twice in appointment issues. Other than that I will still go for subsidised any time, any day. Cause I wouldn’t be ready to fork out hefty medical bills for myself or bb should any of us have complications.

Read more

Mine was subsidized for all 4 of my children. Was all okay from me. We are the opposite- For our 3rd and 4th, we did our follow ups at thomson clinic nearby our place until about few months then we follow up with kkh under sub.wanted to switch to private but decided not to after a close friend shared her horrible experience. I guess these are all based on luck.

Read more