Spotting in Early Pregnancy

Hi mummies, can you share with me (in English), if you experienced spotting in early pregnancy and what medication you were given to help support the pregnancy? I suffered a miscarriage earlier this year, with Gynae A refusing to supplement my progesterone pills with any injections (I was prescribed Utrogestan 2-3 times a day by him. Kept insisting jabs are not necessary. I lost the baby 1-2 weeks later. Now, I’m pregnant again and facing the exact same problem. Spotting at week 5+. Went for emergency appointment with Gynae B who is closest to my home. Also insisted on solely putting me AGAIN on Utrogestan only once a day. When I asked about Duphaston and jabs, he looked at me, laughed and said “it just helps psychologically. not medically. If you are meant to lose the baby, you are meant to lose the baby. No amount of injections will make a difference.” WHAT????? I have read countless of forums, groups and communities of ladies sharing similar experiences but 95% share that they have been prescribed a 3-4 times a day dose of progesterone AND jabs to help support the pregnancy so how can it be it’s just for “psychological purposes”???? I really don’t understand how I can be so unlucky to encounter 2 such doctors in a row! Or are they absolutely right?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi, i experienced spotting at week 6 and lasted about 1-2 weeks. my gynae did blood test to check my hormone levels but the test turned out ok so they did not give me hormone supplements. Gynae also suspected an infection but test result turned out negative. It took some time for result to be out as i was seeing public hospital. In the end it went away on its own. Perhaps u can request for them to conduct blood test or swab to see if its any of the above suspected causes. Hope everything goes well for u.

Read more