Covid-19 Vaccination

Hi Mummies Is it safe for pregnant mummies to take the Covid-19 vaccination? I'm about 14weeks pregnant. Still worried and thinking if should I go for the vaccination #14weeks1daypreggy #sg #3rdbaby

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i took my first jab in my first trimester, not knowing i was expecting as i was only 3 weeks into pregnancy then. got my second jab in end of first trimester when i was in week 11. i got my booster when i was in week 35. now i m week 38. my gynae has told me, the implication of getting covid is alot more than the side effects of getting the vaccine. plus, with the jab, baby can get some antibodies against covid through my jabs. so i listened and boosted. furthermore theres alot of cases recently, i would suggest getting vaccinated. there has been a few reports in singapore abt pregnant women in serious condition after getting covid.

Read more
VIP Member

Hello. My gynae advise me to wait until I give birth because she said don’t wanna risk it. But I do have a lot of friends who’s pregnant and taken vaccine and their baby turn out ok. So ultimately it’s your decision. I choose to wait because I trust my gynae and I will take her advise. She also mentioned if I’m working as front liners then different story. Prolly just take the jab. I stay home as much as possible to prevent myself and my family from covid.

Read more
3y ago

Agreed, stay home as much as possible.

TapFluencer

Hello, my gynae advised not to take it during the first trimester, but recommended to take from second trimester onwards. I took my booster at 14 weeks. There have been research done on pregnant women taking the vaccine, and no known effects have been reported. So I’d say it’s safer for both you and the baby to take it. With the numbers so high these days, it’ll be really dangerous for you and the baby if you were to contract covid without vaccination.

Read more

Hi. Im having my 3rd too & on my 31st week. Since this is the last lap to go, im not taking it thinking how much my body have to deal with it later after taking it. I guessed think positively eat well & stay home as much as possible. Since you are still in the early stge, u can consider taking it. Most importantly, u have to be comfortable with watever choice u make.

Read more

hi, at first i decided not to take it until i gv birth which is early oct.. But after what happened to one of the malaysian singer, it gives a big impact on me... I started to worry and decided to take it since my gynae has been encouraging me to take it since the other day... i am 32 weeks now...

3y ago

I guessed different ppl have differrnt body reactions. Worst to worst we must be on the safe side for both mummy & baby.

Yes i took while i was pregnant in 2nd trimester. I only got covid postpartum last week. Happy that i didnt kena during pregnancy as i had a blast going out and eating out without a care after getting the vaccination. But feeling silly for getting it during my confinement through my helper. Lol.

Maybe do some reading on medical journals and consult your doctor? If medical experts (not laypeople like us here) say it's safe, then i would just take it. Better than if I contract Covid during pregnancy due to lack of vaccination.

My wife got it at 24weeks, this sunday 28weeks going to get second dose of Pfizer. As we plan to deliver in Malaysia, so better take it before we go back.

Hi, it would be good to consult your gynae on it. I didn't take the vaccine as gynae advised not to.

3y ago

Thank you! Will ask when my next appointment..

It's safe I also did my first jab at 14 weeks only. If Gyne is OK with it no issue.