Diaper recommendation

Can mummies recommend me good diaper brands and the type to try out for newborn ? Noted that it also depends on the newborn itself, some brands are suitable some are not. And will 2 packs of nb and 1 pack of size S be sufficient once baby arrive? #advicepls

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Offspring is a pretty good brand and fit but its pricier at fifty cents a piece. I started with huggies NB( KKH provided during my hospital stay) and my baby is huge so we jumped onto S size quickly and then changed to merries at 20cents a piece. So yea what everyone said, try out the NB size for the first few weeks then shoppee ur size S diapers since they deliver fast (two days for most shops). Also pleaseeee dont use wipes too much. If ure at home just rinse baby bum with water to avoid chaffing. And butt cream! I tried a few different ones and settled on desitin at last. Prevention is better than watching sores on baby butt and feeling guilty later on. Good luck!!

Read more

I tried Huggies Naturemade, Merries, Drypers Skinature on my newborn. All not bad, absorbent and don’t leak. Merries is the softest, but Huggies has the best fit for my small size baby (2.7 kg at birth). 2 packs of NB is good enough for a start. Then once you know which brand is most suitable for baby, you can get the S size, no need to buy S size in advance.

Read more

After trying several brands, I find that Merries and Moony are really good and comfortable :) yes NB and S size are sufficient. If you are having a boy, advise not to buy too many NB as on average, boys are bigger in size so they will grow into S size very soon. :)

TapFluencer

tried many samples from many different brands. started with Huggies diapers from the hospital but eventually progressed to Drypers diapers & MamyPoko pants which were economical & sufficed for my LOs needs

I'm using Huggies. Do note there's a JB sIze (up to 3.5kg) and NB size (up to 5kg). Am using the JB one now coz NB is too big for my LO at 2.6kg. I delivered at KKH and they used the JB size.

12mo ago

Wow. Mine was wearing NB and born 2.5kg!

I have been using Huggies Naturemade for JB/NB then subsequently Ill change when I see the current size not fitting. For now I use JB less than a month, NB for 2 months and now, size S.

Huggies Naturemade is the best fit and most comfortable for my first born.

Huggies or Merries