2 months LO suck bottle till flat teat ?

Hi mummies ! Recently I noticed that my LO has been sucking the milk bottle till the teat becomes flat. Should I change the teat size up? Currently LO is using Pigeon milk bottle, using S teats. Thank u! #FTM #adviceplease

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It happened to me! I am using pigeon softouch. It only happened when I newly switch to size LL! I found it super odd and after awhile I realised why she was taking so long to finish her milk is because it went flat. I had to change teat cause there was a tear and subsequently it never happened again! I thought it was a vent issue so I kept pressing the teat to “release” air whenever I made milk but what only stopped was when I changed to a new one 🤷🏻‍♀️

Read more
4w ago

I feel you. I think the softouch is too soft maybe that’s why it happens. I had 4 LL teats torn so currently using my 3rd pair 🫠 never had issues with tears in the previous sizes. So now I have to keep a spare set at home. After the 2nd set, didn’t have issues with the teat being flat

maybe it's a defective teat, change to a new one and make sure always open the valve before each feed, if still happens then maybe time to size up

it sounds like air pressure build up inside the bottle. Do press on the opening on the teat to release the pressure, or open the lid to decompress

Pigeon tend to have that issue. My sister’s baby also the teat also became flat i think because the bottle teat is very very soft

Make sure the hole is facing up! It’s the air pressure