Coffee or not?

Hi mummies out there I am 6 wks gestation. Tmrw will be my first appt with the gynae. I have very strong addiction to coffee prior to this pregnancy. Like at least two cups a day. But ever since I got to know I am pregnant two weeks back, I cut down to every other day one cup or just everyday one cup. However I tried weaning down even further, last two days I didn’t had any coffee at all. Now I am experiencing a severe headache. Bought a cup and barely drink it cos this morning my morning sickness is bad despite ginger pills. Now the milk in the coffee makes me feel like puking and my headache is not resolving. Anyone can advise me on what should I do next? #firstbaby #pregnancy #advicepls

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I drink a lot of coffee too prior to pregnancy, can't last a day without taking one :). During the first weeks of pregnancy, I took decaf if i have a strong craving for coffee. Can be that your headache is a form of withdrawal from not having coffee for a couple of days since you said that you are abit addicted to it. You can take panadol if the headache is really bad. You can also try applying cold compress. Me, I try to just rest and let me headache resolve on its own. Take care!

Read more
3y ago

Thank you!!!

Withdrawal syndrome... i had that too but I totally cut off caffeine during pregnancy... get pass that one week and will be fine.

3y ago

Thank you!!! :)

VIP Member

1 or 2 cups a day is ok .. so go a had .. don’t force ur body with struggle ..

I drink one cup every single day, my kid is perfectly fine

TapFluencer

1 to 2 cups per day should be fine

TapFluencer

one cup a day is fine

It’s fine