Are Prenatal Classes Necessary?

Hello Mummies & Mummies-to-be, Would like some feedback and thoughts on going for prenatal classes. As I have decided to do confinement solo, I think I would be able to just cope w YouTube tutorials and advise from mummies with kids as my SIL has done it the same way. Can I get some advice and/or success stories as well? Haha would be very encouraging for me. Thanks so much in advance 💓

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I opted for prenatal classes and it was the best decision. My classes included 3 days of exercise, chair yoga and yoga on alternate days. On the remaining days meditation and information classes. It is a Live class where many mom to be from different countries joined.It helped me a lot in terms of gaining and maintaining weight, and positivity. The activities and exercise helped as it has become a routine. Throughout these 8 months, my energy level has been the same as pre-pregnancy. I did daily affirmations, and different activities like sudoku, painting, and solving a puzzle in the group so never faced anxiety or depression. I am in my 35th week & both baby and I are very healthy and positive 😊. Classes also helped me with kegel exercises so I am quite positive about vaginal birth. In information class they informed about Breastfeeding, child care, labour class etc. Hope this helps. Good luck

Read more
Post reply image

Didn’t attend any prenatal class and didn’t engage confinement nanny as well. Learnt everything via YouTube, advices from friends who are parents, as well as learning from others through a mummies group chat :)

I did not attend any prenatal class, and I'm also not hiring any confinement nanny too. Doing confinement on my own as well... 🙂