Work arrangements during pregnancy

Hi mummies, I’m in my first tri going on 2nd tri now, and have been feeling fatigue and still get headaches and nausea. would you think it’s ok to speak to your boss about reduced workload/ reduced working hours? I’m afraid of speaking up because I might get responses like “but if other pregnant mums can do it, why can’t you?”. I’m even ok to have a pay cut to have reduced working hours. Just feeling quite stress about this 😞 #1stimemom #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If it requires for you to get more rest for the benefit of you and baby why not? Everyone be it pregnant or sick requires rest time to recuperate. Atleast tell them what you are facing as of now and your wish to change slight work schedule if it is permissable or lessen little workload or alternate days of WFH. For my first and second pregnancy I had different symptoms. First child I reduce working hours and be home on time. Having said that, I will swap shift with my partner or take MC if needed. While the second child, my first trimester I was in hospital due to inconsistent fever and I can't urine. I had to stop working due to medical reason. My company totally understood that and had to agree to my decision. They even told me they will welcome me back when I'm all ready to resume work again. Hope this suggestion would help you. Remember health is important, should anything happened to you, no one gonna be reliable except your company for not understanding pregnant Mummy. One thing for sure, we are not taking advantage, but all pregnancy is different. Don't compare each every women. The least they can do as a human is to understand. Virtual hugs and dont stress yourself 🤗

Read more

Opt for desk bound or admin work temporarily and if other colleagues needs help with admin work, do offer to help them. Hope your boss agree with these arrangement. Atleast, you can rest and do casual walk around the office at the same time. As your belly grows, you can slowly tell your boss to gradually reduce your workload. Ultimately, dont stress yourself and dont compare with other preggie mommies. Everyone is different. Stay happy and positive mommy.

Read more

I asked my boss for reduced working hours with a pay cut. But that’s cause i’m not a career minded woman and my husband fully supports my decisions. Do what you’re comfortable with!