Post delivery hospital appointments for private patient

Hi mummies, im a ftm. Im planning to change to private under kkh during my 30+ weeks. However i read up it states the follow up appointments after delivery will also be charged as private patient. How often is the appointments after delivery and what are the appointments about? And roughly how much is per visit ? Is it worth it ? #FTM

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Private patient, isolation labour and ward + natural birth. I didn't have any post-delivery checkup eventho i was told that kkh will send me the appointment date 2 weeks after discharge. I got a little worried, call kkh and texted my dr. but I was recovering very well tho. they ask me a few questions and reassure me that I did not need a follow-up. But if I do, they advise me to go to policlinic first, cus it is cheaper. or else, I can just text my dr or call kkh to make an appointment.

Read more

For my ecsect post delivery, only 1 follow up appointment to check on the recovery. If everything is ok no further follow up required. Same for baby. But you will be charge base on the gynae / PD standard private rate. Depends which gynae, normally consultation alone is about 100+ Personally I prefer private due to bad experiences during my past pregnancies. All at KKH

Read more

can be a bit expensive, in my opinion. I don't know your condition, but I have 3 to 5 appointments in a month as I have a cyst. Appointments are for my body checkup after operation and baby vaccinations/checkup. Private patient so around $150 to $300 with medication. I think some can be claimed with insurance and medisave. pls check with your gynae clinic or hospital.

Read more

Mine natural birth, they didnt even plan any follow up appointment for me. I went to emergency one time for bleeding turns out to he menses. They told me i am fully recovered to be discharged. However i did experience some sextural pain. Which is abnormal. Luckily now is gone.

aft delivery, only had 1 appt to check recovery of stitching. 100+ baby checkups and vaccination I went for polyclinic as my sis in law who had experiences with private and polyclinic advise me that other than price difference, its the same 😅

10mo ago

Ya agreed. For post delivery in mid Mar 2023 (natural birth in mid Jan and everything is ok), I went back to KKH for a check-up only once (and OGTT), paid around $150 under private. Next appointment is a year later (after the postnatal check up). For baby check up, we went to polyclinic & hospital every few days for jaundice follow up in the first 2 months. Please go to polyclinic if you can. I didn’t know the price difference until one time we had to go to KKH for follow up (during cny). Follow up at polyclinic charged around $15 but KKH (during cny period), the bill was around $90 (under govt subsidy). We also go to polyclinic for bb’s growth check up and vaccination program - most of them are free or price of vaccine. FYI.