Long rant ahead

Hi mummies, I’m currently at week 39 day 2 and while my edd is near, I find myself getting very easily emotional. I get triggered easily and I would just cry or I would get easily agitated and angry at the slightest thing. Honestly, I feel bad for my baby as I understand that he would be able to feel what I’m feeling. And idk if it’s causing him stress inside too when I’ve been feeling this way these days ): Recently, I had a picnic with my husband’s friends. I would say we hang out at least once a week. So anyway, during this recent picnic, I found out that one of them actually disclosed to an “outsider” that I’m pregnant and from the start, my husband and I have made it clear that we wanted this pregnancy to be private so we entrust the people that we have told to keep it to themselves. Worse was she acted like as tho nothing’s wrong when she did so. Obviously, I felt upset and betrayed when I found out that she told someone out there. This girl was also the exact person who wasn’t for happy for my husband and I when we announced our pregnancy cos she’s been trying. And I remembered being the bigger person back then to “check” on her even tho I had the every rights to be happy about my pregnancy but cos she was upset about it, I felt guilty to be happy. And now after this incident, I get super frustrated at the thought of everything that she’s done to me/us. Husband has told her to drop me a text yesterday afternoon but there’s still no texts in sight. Is it perfectly normal to be feeling this way at this stage of my pregnancy? Is it the hormones? Sorry mummies for the long rant, I just had to.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't worry, it's normal to be emotional and hormonal, every mum to be has gone through this and the baby will be healthy and fine. But I think it's good to let it go as well after the episode, or it may permanently damage your relationships. It seems that she is an important friend. She has been TTC and that is very stressful as well. Taking a step back to think, had you been harassed by the outsider? Were you intending to keep the baby a secret too? Did you expect the secret to have been kept discrete for as long as it had? She probably saw no harm in disclosing in her private conversation at this point, she didn't need to have let you know, and aside from the breach of trust has any damage been done? Honestly I think a lot of friends I know won't have kept the secret for real but I trust them to keep it discrete so no harm or inconvenience comes to me.

Read more

hi my dear, its normal to feel more emotional than normal... also since you are already 39 weeks plus pregnant which means you will be giving birth anytime soon, sooner or later everyone around you will find out about this good news. We must always put ourselves in other ppl shoes , if you know your friend has been trying and been unsuccessful all the more you shouldnt feel that she wouldnt be happy for u. I got pregnant easily 2 times but at the same time i know of friends that hv been trying for years. Your baby is coming out soon, have lots of sleep now cause once he is out sleeping in will be a luxoury! ❤

Read more

Hello, I felt the same way you did during pregnancy! Easily agitated, very emotional, and worried about these feelings affecting the baby inside me. I was really surprised when she turns out to be such a happy baby instead! Regarding that friend of yours, it may not be your hormons making you feel angry about the situation! Your feelings are valid. She basically broke your trust. And she's not exactly a true friend if she can't be genuinely happy for you. And she's obviously not that apologetic about everything, given that she knows how you feel yet is not dropping you a text to talk about it.

Read more