W39 and no labour symptoms

Hi mummies! I’m currently at W39D3 today. Went for my appt for a cervix check but gynae said that i’m not dilated (0cm) and baby is still high up. Therefore, given the option to induce/ elective csect or wait it out till my EDD next week and decide again. Felt a little disappointed tho because bb was head down since W24 & I’ve been having pelvic pains for the past few weeks… but end up still not engaged yet. 1. Any mummies able to share their experience of successful induction even when baby is not engaged? I was told of the risk too if induction fails might lead to emergency csect. 2. Also, gynae says placenta and amniotic fluid levels are okay. Bb is currently 3.3kg now, should I wait it out till past my EDD? Has anyone given birth at close to W41? #firsttimemom #Needadvice #firstbaby

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1) Had successful induce at 41 weeks but if you have a very high tolerance of pain then you can go ahead. Induce can be much more painful during contraction than natural waterbag burst/contractions. I was 3 cm dilate for a week but my waterbag didnt burst. I didnt decide on c section. Initially wanted natural birth, but I guess it doesn't go the way I wanted it to be. 2) My first was 3.2kg at 41 weeks 1 day that I give birth. I use the jab, gas and epi. Had to be vacuum assisted delivery as baby's heartbeat drop. Prior to this they did ask what are my options that I want. I didnt choose C section as I told doctor it will be my last option should induce not be successful. End day, you can choose what's the best option perhaps you can wait till EDD, if still cervix not open despite baby's head engaged then you can induce (if you want) last will be elective c section.

Read more

Hi mummy, I reached 39w 6d and was 0cm dilated with no Braxton Hicks or other symptoms as well, did things meant to help open cervix but no change. Gynae also gave option to induce on EDD 40w or continue to wait, as baby weight and amniotic all ok. We chose to induce instead of going past 40w and managed for natural delivery. For my case after the medication was given, I dilated quite fast, FTM. Really depends on individual. Meanwhile, you still have 1 week left, can search up things to help open cervix and see if they help you, but do check with your gynae if safe for you to do - I did squats, long walks, ate dates, nipple stimulation, etc.

Read more
1y ago

I also watched a video on YouTube that explained risk of csec not necessarily higher with induction At the end of the day, personally I was prepared for natural or csec, as long as baby is safe. All the best!

Actually it all depends on your preference, some mummies prefer natural, some c-sect. i myself had induction on wk39d4 for 30hours, 1cm dilation, end up i requested for emergency c sect instead (imho, best decision ever) cause it was too tiring and painful and baby was getting stressed too.. C-sect was like 10mins and baby is out and i was like i should have done this earlier! just that decent recovering process takes longer like 6 weeks than natural..😉

Read more
TapFluencer

I was 40 weeks 5 days pregnant with my first baby. No signs of labour, nothing. Was induced. Labour was 29 hours and dilated very slowly. (didn't take epidural) Gynae told me if i didn't dilate at 10cm by 1am (cos they already burst the waterbag), i would have to go for e-csect. thank god by 1am, i was 10cm 5 mins before the cut off timing. started to push and managed to deliver normal. 3.6kg baby.

Read more