Fetal Hiccups!

Hi mummies! I’m currently 30 weeks. Anyone else experienced baby hiccups in the womb? Usually how long does it last? Mine is about 10mins. When should I be worried bout it?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Mine used to have hiccups in the womb a few times a day, everyday during my third trimester. It’s perfectly fine. Now that my baby is 2 weeks old, she’s still having the hiccups sometimes.

nothing to be worried, experienced baby hiccups since 2nd trimester..... hiccups everyday during 3rd trimester. now she is 2 months old, everything is fine.

Mine too 10 mins. I think that's normal right. Really cute though the small hiccups. At first I thought why is my tummy ticking? Hahaha

just wondering how do you tell hiccups apart from regular baby kicks/punches? FTM here, so I'm curious how hiccups feel different from other movements 😅

8mo ago

Same doubt for me too, how do u differentiate?

TapFluencer

Experienced recently for few minutes. I tried walking and tapping the tummy where hiccups were felt. Then it stopped. Not sure whether coincidence or it works haha

Yup mine also same.. I asked my gynae about it and thought it was the baby heartbeat. but the gynae says it is the hiccups... i felt it for quite sometimes..

Me, i'm so happy whenever she's moving inside my tummy!. 😊it's normal..

Mine lasted 15-20 mins and a few times in a day. Nothing to worry about! She’s now a healthy 9 months!

Was about to search for this. It was my first time to experience baby hiccups that lasted for mins.

It is normal, don’t worry. Suggest to always consult gynae when in doubt.