Constipation

Hi mummies! Im on my 8-9th week. Is it really normal to have constipation? Ever since we found we’re pregnant, i have never had a normal pooping. Before getting pregnant, i poop everyday. And now, i only poop every after 1 day or 2 days and sometimes it’s even difficult to poop. Is this normal? #firsttimemom #firstbaby #pleasehelp

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Normal but it can be controlled. Drink more water and eat more fruits. If constipated, drink prune juice or eat prunes. If didn’t poop for like 2/3days, take Lactulose. It works very fast within an hour. Can be bought over the counter at Watson or Guardian. But we shouldn’t depends on medication.

Me too!! I used to poop 1-3 times a day pre-pregnancy and I only go once every 3-4 days now. Please go get pure prune juice from NTUC. It’s AMAZING!! You will be amazed and it’s natural way of pooping without help of meds.

Try Greek yoghurt, papaya, prune juice. These all work for me. I was severely constipated too at 7 to 9 weeks. Better now that I’m at 13 weeks but I think my poop consistency and quality still not the same 🥺

Yeah its normal. You can request lactulose to soften bowel and for easy pooping. Raise this concern to your doctor/gynae and ask for this prescribe medications.

Yes! U can try red dragon fruit. Works wonder for me.