Unhealthy food

Hi mummies! Im 13 weeks now and since pregnant, i can only take fast food, instant food or those process food and always want to drink soda! I feel so bad and unhealthy but i cant take normal food i will feel like vomitting always. I still can accept fruits. Any mummies experience this? Will it go away? Its my third pregnancy and i never felt this way. What should i do? #pleasehelp #advicepls #pregnancy

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It will faze out! I was like that too! 😭 For about what felt like endless weeks, i can only eat McSpicy, Zinger burger and drank all kinds of sodas, any western food and eat instant noodle through out 1st and mid of 2nd trimester! Even plain water makes me vomit. 😣 Plus i had very very bad morning sickness (i can vomit anytime and any day). I’m now at 22weeks4days (and still do vomit on and off but lesser!) but am able to eat normal food again. The craving for fast food and unhealthy drinks suddenly stopped at i think 17-18th week, for me. Hang in there, mummy! ✨💪🏻 In the mean time, maybe you can try eating pau? Like chicken pau, or red bean pau? It helps and works for me. I had pau with meiji full cream milk every single morning, during those weeks and now i hate pau 😂

Read more

I feel you mummy. I was like that during my first 15 weeks of pregnancy. I used to to drink plain water before pregnant and it felt bitter when I drank it during pregnancy. Never felt that way during my last 4 pregnancy. I resorted to Perrier sparkling water until recently going to my 16th week I am able to drink plain water back. As for foods, I can't digest rice and any dishes at all. Mostly it's only toast breads and and fruits. But fortunately for me, baby is willing to cooperate after 16th weeks. So now I can eat as per normal but still hate chicken 😅. I hope your baby will give in to you soon so you can fill up your belly normally!

Read more
VIP Member

I feel you! I’m 17weeks in and still feeling it. Before pregnancy, I really love and only drink plain water — but it now tastes super bitter and I actually vomit out water when I drink it. Flavoured drinks tends to be the only thing I can take, so I changed it to a healthier version of soyabean milk (Nutrisoy from supermarkets, no sugar version) to try and be healthy. 🙏🏻 Jia you!!! Hopefully this stage will pass soon. 💪🏻

Read more

Same here! Craving for fast food always.. I try to eat it with healthy food, like having fruits first or drinking water before digging into the junk.. That way, stomach might feel fuller and u consume less.. An alternative is you could try making it yourself at home.. It's healthier in a way where it contains less chemicals and preservatives.. For soda, i will usually mix it with water.. Haha.. Less sugar intake, less fizzy, less sweet..

Read more

In my earlier weeks I was like that too! Fries and burgers craving err day err night. I’m week 15 now and it’s better :) just try to drink some milk and eat some oats to go along w the junk? And substitute sweet soda drinks w sparkling water or zero drinks ? U will get better!

VIP Member

Same here. I kept craving for fast food and coke 🥲 event at night, midnights and in the morning that’s the first thing I think about. I am in my 2nd tri and still having 1 can of coke every night. Hopefully the craving will go away :’)

Perhaps you can try taking maternal milk in the meantime? until you normal apetite goes back. That way you can have peace of mind that your body is getting enough nutrients for you and the baby. take care mummy!

For soda, I suggest u can try those sparkling water. New mountain got lemon peach flavours and it can help with the craving without the guilt